Corporate Law, Real Estate, Antitrust/Competition, Labour Law, Litigation.
Partner Arturo Costabal studied law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Mr Costabal is an experienced lawyer in civil, commercial, procedural, labour, regulated markets and free competition matters. He has concentrated his practice on advising national and international clients on matters related to the agricultural sector, advising family businesses, and has also participated in important cases involving regulated markets. Mr. Costabal is professor of Antitrust Law at the Universidad Finis Terrae School of Law and professor of the cathedra “Free Competition and preventive control in mergers and acquisitions” in the Master of Public Law at the same university.
- Advised Endurance Investments S.A. in the reformation of the internal regulations
of its investment funds regulations, required under the new funds law.
- Advised Endurance Investments S.A., in the purchase, through one of its
investment funds, of 100% of the assets of the mining services company Ancor
- Advised Agrícola Frutos del Maipo Limitada in the sale of the 100% of the same
company to the food holding Watt’s S.A.
- Advised Morgan Group Inc. -a mining, hydraulic and
construction services and supplies provider company in Western Canada, the
United States, Chile and Peru- in the negotiation and sale of Chilean and Peruvian
operations to H-E Parts International Group.
- Advised Verfrut -a leading agricultural company interested in receiving PV power plants in available land- in its first endevouer with Grenergy SpA, a Spanish PV plant developer, in matters related to a lease agreement which includes an innovative price structure associated to revenues and milestones achievements of the project.
- Advised Felipe García Huidobro and Ener Sun S.A., a PV plant developer, in a lease/royalty agreement to develop La Higuera PV Plant (up to 250 MW).
- Counseled the Bimbo Group before the FNE in voluntary consultation regarding a
projected concentration process in the food sector.
- Representation of Prosud (LG’s tech detergent) and Aportas (Panda detergent) –as
plaintiffs- in a lawsuit against Unilever Chile for abuse of dominant position, specifically exclusionary conduct. This trial ended with a settlement between the parties, with Unilever committing to cease its anticompetitive practices.
- Representation of Young & Rubicam, Ogilvy, J. Walter Thomspon, Grey S.A., Wunderman Comunicaciones and other advertising agencies of WPP Group in a cartel proceeding before the Competition Tribunal.
Mr. Costabal is a professor of Antitrust and Competition Law at Universidad Finis Terrae School of Law.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, 2003, Cum laude.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Administration (Academic Certificate in Business Administration and Human Resources), 2002.
Chilean Bar Association.
Mr. Costabal has been recognized by the publication Legal 500 as a Leading Lawyer in Antitrust/Competition.
Spanish and English.