Director – Corporate Area
Contracts, Corporate Law/M&A, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Intellectual Property.
“Francisco Prado has a good grasp of all the legal issues and is hard-working”. Chambers Global 2017.
Francisco J. Prado is the Director of the Corporate Law and Capital Markets department of the firm. He is an expert in corporate law, contracts, issuance of securities in public markets, M&A, investment and financial matters in general; intellectual property.
In corporate matters, he has counseled several local and foreign companies and conglomerates, in its local development and in its M&A activities, counseling both purchasers and sellers.
With respect to financial matters, since 2004, Mr. Prado has taken part, led, coordinated and supervised, numerous local and cross border financing transactions, including the issuance of securities in public markets, syndicated loans, complex project finance transactions; always in close contact with regulators, banking institutions, stock brokers, among other players in the finance market.
Likewise, he has served as counsel to several communications, marketing and advertising companies in matters related to intellectual property and copyright.
In addition to professional services, Mr. Prado serves as director for several companies , such as Hill + Knowlton Strategies SpA, Millward Brown S.A. and South-Am Freeze Dry S.A.
- Advise to Red Eléctrica Chile SpA, Chilean subsidiary of Red Eléctrica Internacional S.A.U., in the acquisition from Minera Centinela (a subsidiary of Antofagasta Minerals) of Centinela Transmisión S.A.
- Advise to Viña Bisquertt S.A. in the negotiation and structuring of its joint venture with Inversiones J. Bouchon Limitada.
- Advised Oriental PYA in the negotiation and purchase of a 25% of a Chilean gastronomic franchise.
- Advise in the sale of all the assets of Fondo de Inversión Privado Waste to Energy, managed by Genera Austral S.A., to BIO Energía SpA.
- Counseled XIO Group (China) in the leveraged buyout of Compo Expert from Triton Partners.
- Assisted VMK y Jerico in the sale of Portal Inmobiliario to Mercado Libre.
- Assisted WPP Group in the corporate reorganization of its holding of over 30 entities in Chile.
- Counseled Innerworkings Inc. in the acquisition of Cirqit and Cpro in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, México, Nicaragua, Panamá and Perú
- Counseled Inder SpA, the family office of the Familia del Río, in several acquisitions in different areas (salmon, energy, etc.).
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as dealer manager and offer, in ENAP´s cash tender offer for up to US$600.000.000 of 6.25% Notes due 2019, 5.25% Notes due 2020 and 4.75% Notes due 2021.
- Advised J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as initial purchasers, in connection with ENAP´s US$700.000.000 million offering 3.750% notes due 2026.
- Assisted ENAP, as guarantor, to its subsidiary ENAP Sipetrol Argentina S.A., in connection with a Term Loan Agreement in an aggregate principal amount of up to US$ 150.000.000 from Citibank, N.A. and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Grand Cayman Branch, as lenders.
- Counseled Royal Bank of Scotland plc, in the granting of a loan to Delilah S.a.r.l (Luxemburg, holding for Samsonite Group) for the financing of its global operations.
- Assisted BTG Pactual in the granting of a loan to the Paulmann family for the financing of the expansion of Cencosud S.A. operations in Colombia.
- Assisted the Instituto de Crédito Oficial (an agency of the Spanish Government), in the granting of a loan to Empresa Constructora Sigro S.A., for the financing of its operations in Chile.
- Counseled ESVAL and CAP S.A. in the updating of the financial covenants contained in all its indentures, according to IFRS.
- Assisted ESVAL in all its issuances of securities in the local capital market, since 2004.
- ESE Business School Universidad de Los Andes, MBA, 2018.
- Fellowship in American and International Law at the Center for American and International Law, in Plano, Texas, USA. (May-June 2013)
- Universidad de Concepción School of Law, 2004, Summa cum laude. Admitted, 2005.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Featured as “leader in the field” of Capital Markets by Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer.
Spanish and English.