Corporate Law /M&A, Antitrust, Estates & Trust, International Trade Law/Customs, Joint Ventures, Private Clients, Project Finance.
A lawyer graduated from Universidad de Chile and Master of Laws by Columbia University, Mr. Blanco joined Aninat Schwencke as a partner in 2007. In his more than 20 years of professional experience, Mr. Blanco has developed his practice representing local and foreign clients in corporate matters, M&A, antitrust, foreign investment, energy, litigation, insolvency and reorganization; in industries such as metal manufacturing, real estate, construction, construction materials, energy generation, farming, financial services, education and other services.
Prior to joining Aninat Schwencke, Mr. Blanco practiced as a senior associate with the law firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego y Dörr; as an associate with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York; and previously as an associate with Blanco y Cia.
Mr. Blanco is a member of the Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.) and a member of its Ethics Tribunal. He is listed in the roster of bankruptcy arbitrators of the Chilean Insolvency and Reorganization Superintendency (Superintendencia de Insolvencia y Reemprendimiento). He has been appointed as director to private and public corporations; member of the Advisory Board of the Columbia Global Center – Santiago and of the Advisory Committee to the board of the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce – Amcham Chile, and President of its Legal Committee. In addition, he is a Reserve Officer (RNY) of the Chilean Navy.
- Representation of Embotelladora Andina S.A. in a lawsuit filed by the franchisees of
a popular restaurant chain, for alleged abused of dominant position as the franchise’s provider.
- Assistance to global law firm Jones Day in the Chilean related matters of the XIO
Group’s leveraged buyout of Triton Partners from the COMPO EXPERT business, a
leading supplier of specialty fertilizer products for professional applications.
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA to develop non-conventional renewable energy
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA and its European owners in the sale of a 70 MW project to Total and Etrion enterprices.
- Advised CDEC-SIC, CDEC-SING and the Ministry of Energy in regulatory issues.
- Defense of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
- Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
- Representation of Enerbosch in corporate and societary matters and negociations.
- Representation of Pizarreño S.A. Enterprises in matters of energy, corporate and labor.
- Representation of several high networth individuals and families regarding estate planing and inheritance matters.
- Associate Editor, Columbia Business Law Review.
- Columbia University Law School, New York, LL.M., 1996.
- Universidad de Chile Economics and Business School, Diploma in Finance, 1995.
- Universidad de Chile Law School, Cum Laude, 1993.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Roster of Ethics Judges of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Manuel Blanco has been recognized by the specialized publications Legal 500 and IFLR Energy and Infraestructure as a Chilean Leading Lawyer.
Spanish and English.