Corporate Law /M&A, Antitrust, Estates & Trust, International Trade Law/Customs, Joint Ventures, Private Clients, Project Finance.
A lawyer from the Universidad de Chile and Master of Laws at Columbia University, partner Manuel Blanco has extensive experience in national and international corporate transactions, including corporate finance, M&A , securities regulations and free competition, among others.
After receiving his Master of Laws, he worked as an associate at the Sullivan & Cromwell LLP office in New York City. Upon his return to Chile, Mr. Blanco worked for several years as an associate in Blanco y Cía., mainly engaged in international trade and business matters. From 2002 to 2006, he worked as a lawyer at the firm Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego & Dörr.
- Representation of Embotelladora Andina S.A. in a lawsuit filed by the franchisees of
a popular restaurant chain, for alleged abused of dominant position as the franchise’s provider.
- Assistance to global law firm Jones Day in the Chilean related matters of the XIO
Group’s leveraged buyout of Triton Partners from the COMPO EXPERT business, a
leading supplier of specialty fertilizer products for professional applications.
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA to develop non-conventional renewable energy
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA and its European owners in the sale of a 70 MW project to Total and Etrion enterprices.
- Advised CDEC-SIC, CDEC-SING and the Ministry of Energy in regulatory issues.
- Defense of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
- Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
- Representation of Enerbosch in corporate and societary matters and negociations.
- Representation of Pizarreño S.A. Enterprises in matters of energy, corporate and labor.
- Representation of several high networth individuals and families regarding estate planing and inheritance matters.
- Associate Editor, Columbia Business Law Review.
- Columbia University Law School, New York, LL.M., 1996.
- Universidad de Chile Economics and Business School, Diploma in Finance, 1995.
- Universidad de Chile Law School, Cum Laude, 1993.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Roster of Ethics Judges of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Manuel Blanco has been recognized by the specialized publications Legal 500 and IFLR Energy and Infraestructure as a Chilean Leading Lawyer.
Spanish and English.