Corporate Law /M&A, Antitrust, Estates & Trust, International Trade Law/Customs, Joint Ventures, Private Clients, Project Finance.
Manuel Blanco joins Aninat Schwencke & Cia. as a partner with extensive experience counseling clients with regard to domestic and international corporate transactions. He has studied and practiced law in both Chile and the United States. He received an LL.M. from Columbia University School of Law where his studies were focused on international corporate matters including corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities regulations, among others. After receiving his LL.M., he worked as an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in the New York City office.
Upon his return to Chile, Mr. Blanco practiced for several years at Blanco & Cia., primarily in corporate and international trade matters. From 2002 to 2006, Mr. Blanco practiced law at the Santiago-based firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego & Dörr, where he became a senior associate. During this period, he was involved at the senior level in several major corporate acquisition transactions in the railroad, retail, technology and energy sectors. In addition, he counseled clients in foreign investment and a wide variety of general corporate matters.
- Representation of Embotelladora Andina S.A. in a lawsuit filed by the franchisees of
a popular restaurant chain, for alleged abused of dominant position as the franchise’s provider.
- Assistance to global law firm Jones Day in the Chilean related matters of the XIO
Group’s leveraged buyout of Triton Partners from the COMPO EXPERT business, a
leading supplier of specialty fertilizer products for professional applications.
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA to develop non-conventional renewable energy
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA and its European owners in the sale of a 70 MW project to Total and Etrion enterprices.
- Advised CDEC-SIC, CDEC-SING and the Ministry of Energy in regulatory issues.
- Defense of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
- Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
- Representation of Enerbosch in corporate and societary matters and negociations.
- Representation of Pizarreño S.A. Enterprises in matters of energy, corporate and labor.
- Representation of several high networth individuals and families regarding estate planing and inheritance matters.
- Columbia University School of Law, New York, LL.M, 1996.
- Associate Editor, Columbia Business Law Review.
- Universidad de Chile School of Business and Economics, Diploma in Finance, 1995.
- Universidad de Chile School of Law, 1993, Cum laude.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Roster of Ethics Judges of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Manuel Blanco has been recognized by the specialized publications Legal 500 and IFLR Energy and Infraestructure as a Chilean Leading Lawyer.
Spanish and English.