Corporate/M&A, Tax Law, Antitrust/Competition.
A lawyer from the Universidad Católica de Chile, María Eugenia Sabbagh has extensive experience in civil, commercial and tax law. Before joining the corporate department of Aninat Schwencke & Cía. she worked as a senior lawyer at Mena Alessandri, advising clients in all corporate and tax matters, acquisitions, property and corporate restructurings. At Recabarren & Asociados, as a senior associate of the group of partners Cristián Mena and Andrés Alessandri, she concentrated her practice on advising natural and legal persons on patrimonial planning and tax matters in general. In Carcelén, Desmadryl, Guzmán and Tapia Abogados, miss Sabbagh advised companies related to natural resources in corporate law, contracts, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, among others. Finally, at Aninat Schwencke & Cía, where she worked between 2006 and 2012, she advised local and foreign companies on corporate, commercial, real estate, contracts and mergers and acquisitions matters, reorganizations, tax law and corporate relations, among others.
- Assistant teacher “Responsabilidad Civil Extracontractual”, cathedra of professor Carlos Pizarro, Universidad de Chile School of Law, 2008.
- Assistant teacher “Incumplimiento de Contratos”, cathedra of professor Carlos Pizarro, Universidad de Chile School of Law, 2007.
- Assistant teacher “Derecho Comercial”, cathedra of professors Rodrigo Álvarez and Nicolás Cubillos, Pontificia Universidad Católica School of Law, 2004-2005.
- University of California, Berkeley, course “Applied Economics for Business”.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, Diploma in Tax Law, 2011.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, Cum laude, 2005.
Spanish and English.