Administrative and Constitutional Law, Regulations in Antitrust Law, Environmental Law and Energy Law.
Lawyer of Universidad de Chile, Miguel Pelayo has focused his practice on administrative and constitutional law, regulations in antitrust law, environmental law and energy law.
He has actively participated in antitrust trials and advised public institutions in matters related to competition and public law. He has also worked on development of renewable energy projects, especially wind, solar and biomass, along with regulatory advice to public and private institutions.
- Representation in antitrust trials of Telefónica Móviles Chile S.A., Eukor Car Carriers co. and Department of Public Works.
- Participation in regulatory advice to the Department of Agriculture and Department of Public Works.
Energy and Natural Resources
- Advised CDEC-SING and Ministerio de Minería in regulation matters.
- Advised Genera Austral in development, construction and finance waste-to-energy projects.
- Advised Bio Energía Molina in development of biogas plant, including PPA.
- Advised Statkraft in electrical tenders.
- Advised in Pizarreño S.A.’s supply contract.
- Advised several companies on energy to presentations and proceedings before the Superintendency of Electricity and Fuels.
- Participation in disagreement with the Panel of Experts on behalf of electric utilities.
Miguel Pelayo es profesor ayudante de la Cátedra de Derecho Constitucional en la Universidad de Chile desde el año 2011 a la fecha; de la Cátedra de Ciencia Política en la Universidad de Chile desde el año 2015 a la fecha y fue ayudante de la Cátedra de Derecho Civil en la misma universidad en los años 2014 y 2015.
- Universidad de Chile Shool of Law, 2013. Summa cum laude.
Mr. Pelayo is an assistant professor of Constitutional Law, Civil Law and Political Science at the Universidad de Chile School of Law.
Spanish and English.