Competition/Antitrust, Regulatory Law, Litigation.
Pablo Pardo is a senior associate at Aninat Schwencke & Cia.
Mr. Pardo has focused his practice in dispute resolution, with particular emphasis on antitrust and economic regulation. Within his competition practice, he has represented Chilean and foreign firms, and government institutions, in a variety of investigations before the National Competition Authority (FNE) and the Competition Court (TDLC). His practice also spans merger control and the implementation of antitrust compliance programmes.
Mr. Pardo has participated in a large number of investigations before sector-specific agencies and permanently drafts regulatory overviews and legal opinions requested by private companies and government bodies.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked as an associate in Jordan, Barahona y Cia (2010-2013), where he specialized in civil, commercial and antitrust litigation, as well as in administrative proceedings.
- Provides permanent antitrust advisory to Movistar and currently represents the client in an abuse of dominance case brought to the Competition Court by several Mobile Virtual Network Operators.
- Defends Embotelladora Andina in an abuse of dominance case brought to the Competition Court by 19 franchisees of a fast food company.
- Successfully represented an executive of a foreign financial Institution before the Securities and Insurance Agency in the so-called “cascadas case”.
- He is adviser in antitrust and regulatory matters of the “Department of Coordination of Public Works Concessions” of the Public Works Ministry.
- He has provided advisory in regulation matters to the “Department of Studies and Agriculture Policy” of the Ministry of Agriculture. Advises permanently Multicaja in antitrust matters, including the representation of the client in cases before the Competition Court.
- King’s College London, The Dickson Poon School of Law, LL.M. in Competition Law (2015).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Law, Diploma in New Trends in Contracts and Damages (2012).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Law, Magna Cum Laude (2008).
- University of Glasgow, School of Law, Exchange Programme (2007).
- Chilean Bar Association.
- American Bar Association, Section Antitrust.
Spanish and English.