Commercial, Civil and Labour Litigation, Arbitration, Real Estate, Construction, Project Finance, Corporate Law, International trade/customs.
Paulo Román is a partner at Aninat Schwnencke & Cia and the leader of the Litigation team of the firm. He is an expert in civil and commercial judgments and also in Real Estate and Corporate Law. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Román was a partner at Cox, Román y Cía., since 2001. During his career he has focused his work mainly on civil and commercial judgments, International trade/customs and Real estate. Mr. Román also advises banks and other companies. Mr. Román studied philosophy at Universidad de Chile and in the same university later conducted graduate studies in law. He has published scholarly articles in various media.
- Representation of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
- Representation of Codelco in CAM arbitration caused by an alleged breach of agreement and torts filed by Fe Grande Maquinarias y Servicios.
- Representation of Ideal (Bimbo Group) in a torts lawsuit against Canal 13, a TV
network, derived from part of the content of the “Contacto” program.
- Representation of Codelco and Enap in lawsuit against CGE, requesting payment
reimbursements resulting from the indemnifications that it paid as a consequence
of the 2010 “blackout”.
- Representation of Telefónica in torts lawsuit originating from holdings of the Antitrust Court.
- Representation of Telefónica in an unfair competition lawsuit againt WOM.
- Representation of Asociación Chilena de Seguridad in litigation for unfair contract
termination and torts.
- Representation before arbitrators and ordinary of courts of the WPP Group (Prolam
Young & Rubicam, Ogilvy, Hill & Knowlton, JWT, Wunderman Chile) for breach of
non compete agreements.
- Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
- Representation of Viñas Bisquertt Limitada in several civil liability lawsuits.
- Representation of diverse clients of various industries, in both contentious and noncontentious procedures before the Antitrust Court.
- Counsel and representation of TIVIT – Synapsis in contentious-administrative issues,
regarding the performance of agreements signed with public services.
- Counsel and representation of Citroën Chile in consumer protection issues.
- Counsel and representation of Parque del Sendero (cemetery chain) in consumer
- Counsel and representation of the municipalities of Zapallar and Puchuncaví
(among others) and a group of landowners in a lawsuit against Interchile, for the
construction of a 750 KMs. powerline that seeks to connect the Atacama Region with
the Metropolitan Region.
Currently, Mr. Román dictates the course “Due Process: Application in Civil Litigation, Arbitration and free competition” in the Pontificia Universidad Católica School of Law.
Mr. Román was a professor of Civil Law at the Universidad de Andrés Bello School of Law.
- “Reputación, Ética y Ejercicio Profesional”, Revista Uno, edición número 22.
- “Situación de los bienes propios de la mujer casada en sociedad conyugal”, in the book Lex et veritas / Universidad Internacional SEK, Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas. (Santiago de Chile). Vol.4 (2006-2007)”.
- “Eduardo Mujica/Universidad Católica de Chile-Corporación de Televisión”, in the book Revista Chilena de Derecho del Trabajo y la Seguridad Social, Nro. 2, volumen 1, Facultad de derecho de la Universidad de Chile, Departamento de Derecho del Trabajo y la Seguridad Social.
- Universidad de Los Andes, Diploma in Labour Law, 2010.
- Universidad de Chile, LLM, 2009.
- Universidad de Chile, Master in Philosophy with a major in Political Philosophy, 2002.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, 1998.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Chilean Institution of Procedural Law.
- Paulo Román has been distinguished by the prestigious publication Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in the field of Litigation.
- Recommended Lawyer by the Latin America Corporate Counsel Association.
Spanish and English.